By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://hotrodtime.com/
The Gasser Project
What happens when the brightest minds in the alternative fuel vehicle industry join with the brightest minds in the hot rod and custom industry? You end up with the single most advanced hot rod on the planet being built - that's what! The '33 Ford CNG Hot Rod dubbed 'The Gasser' is being built by WJ Daytech Automotive in Fairfield Ca. and CNG Retrofit kit manufacturer Crazy Diamond Performance (formerly AFVTech Inc.) in Shelby Township, MI. using the best parts available to the automotive world.
The rod promises to be one of the most (if not the most) high tech rods on the planet!
Here are just a few of the many notable specs on this incredible hot rod:
- LS7 GM Engine
- (Balanced, blueprinted) for natural gas by Bob Santolini of Spartan Engine and Dave Riolo of Racing Engines in Sacramento, CA and Roseville, CA.
- The injectors are by Bosch
- The custom carbon fiber CNG cylinders are by Luxfor Cylinders
- The body and chassis was “Factory Five” of which we had to do major work on to make it presentable and correct.
- The transmission is a 6 speed paddle shifted auto trans by T.C.I.
- The carbon fiber wheels are from HRE Performance Wheels measured for the car
- The rear end is a 3:20 gear ratio , Strange Ford 9” aluminum center section
- The brakes are Alco, modified. Rear brakes by Baer Brakes out of Phoenix, AZ. www.baer.com
- Tires: Front are 265/30/R19 and Rear are 335/30/R20.
- Radiator was modified by W.J. Daytech Inc. to accept #12 hose ends. We made a special shroud with 12” fan and special air exits.
- Water pump is electric by Meziere Enterprises.
- Dash was designed by W.J. Daytech Inc. with classic gages (aircraft) style.
- Computerization was furnished by General Motors. Reprogrammed by Crazy Diamond Performance (formerly AFVTech Inc.
- Custom 4 wheel ABS (anti lock brakes)
- Custom selectable traction control
- Ignition coils and ignition plug wires by MSD.
- Special heat range spark plugs by NGK.
- Engine cover by G.M. 2010 corvette.
- Electric assist steering
- Dry Sump oiling system
- Headers and side pipes designed and built by Lemon Headers.
- Converters (2 each) in each side by True Flow.
- Powder coating by W.J. Daytech Inc.
- Titanium texture, heat coating by Sacramento Coating.
- All body prep was done by W.J. Daytech Inc. and Loose Ends Body Shop.
- Paint is PPG, Lamborghini green. Prepped and painted by Loose Ends Body Shop.
- Side pipe covers were designed by W.J. Daytech Inc. and built by Active Metal.
- Interior stitched by the very talented Jerry’s Upholstery in Vacaville, CA.
- Battery is a Dry Cell Optima.
- Steering wheel is a MOMO with paddle shifters.
- Carbon fiber NACCA ducts for engine from McKinney Race Cars.
- This car is a convertible and hard top with a Du Val windshield.
Here are a few pics of the build up phase of the project